来源：网络 时间：2019-11-05 11:23:20
1. This disease _____ itself in yellowness of the skin and eyes.
A. manifests B. modifies C. magnifies D. exposes
2. In the _____ of human life honors and rewards tend to fall to those who show their good qualities in action.
A. ring B. terrace C. arena D. ground
3. The coupon _____ you to at least 50% off the regular price of either frames or lenses when you buy both.
A. entitles B. tips C. presents D. credits
4. Which of the following indicates a correct intonation pattern?
A. Did you have a↑fever or a↓headache?
B. Did you have a↑fever or a↑headache?
C. Did you have a↓fever or a↓headache?
D. Did you have a↓fever or a↑headache?
5. Which of the following is a voiceless bilabial stop?
A. /b/ B. /m/ C. /w/ D. /p/
6. The experienced writer is skilled in handling his words, just _____ the builder is skilled in handing his bricks.
A. as B. so C. thus D. like
7. It is politely requested by the hotel management that radios _____ after10 o'clock at night.
A. did not play B. not to play C. not be played D. were not be played
8. Which of the following italicized phrase indicates a purpose?
A. She said it for fun, but others took it seriously.
B. For all its efforts, the team didn't win the match.
C. Linda has worked for the firm for 20 years.
D. He set out for Beijing yesterday.
9. There are _____ syllables and _____ phonemes in the word “determine”.
A. 3; 8 B. 3; 7 C. 2; 6 D. 3; 6
10. The pair of words “buy” and “sell” are _____ opposites.
A. gradable B. relational C. complementary D. dialectal
11. The inductive method differs from the deductive one in that it enables learners to arrive at ____ on the basis of examples.
A. generalizations B. solutions C. understanding D. decision
12. What is not the major purpose of asking students to give a report after the group discussion in a reading class?
A. To pool ideas.
B. To correct mistakes.
C. To encourage language use.
D. To practice oral English.
13. Which of the following is a kind of information gap activities in class?
A. Pattern drills. B. Making a survey.
C. Sentence transformation. D. Forming sentences.
14. What would a teacher ask students to do if he/she intends to develop their skimming skill?
A. To rewrite the text.
B. To read for the specific information.
C. To predict the content of the text.
D. To read for the general idea of the text.